Miss Augusta, Augusta’s premier dining vessel is excited to begin sailing on the Missouri
River. The Hoffmann Family of Companies is seeking an Onboard Vessel Manager.
Position is responsible for ensuring a first-class experience from start to finish as well as
creating a positive work environment for all team members. Position is working hand in
hand with the GM to hire and train staff, overseeing staff, creating and developing
menus, overseeing ordering and cost control and developing policies and procedures.
Some general duties include:
Vessel Manager Essential Duties:
• Ensure the vessel is operating safely and all systems are in working order.
• Greet all guests and manage any guest concerns. Be the face on the floor for both
staff and guests
• Manage crew from start to finish including training, hiring and scheduling.
• Develop opening and closing duties and ensuring the boat is left in show mode at
• Assist Captain as needed
• Greet and thank customers as they board and disembarq
• Set up each cruise and communicate all special request with front staff and Chefs.
• Must have a pre shifts with FOH and BOH before each cruise.
• Do weekly health and safety inspections of all areas..
• Expedite all meals.
• Help in all areas of the experience as needed
• Oversee ordering and ensure costs and pricing are inline to meet company goals
• Work with GM to provide a first class experience from start to finish
• Develop new cruise ideas, menus and bar specials to increase per person
• Ensure all Coast Guard rules and regulations are followed
• Develop company policies and procedures
• Create a positive atmosphere for all crew and guests
Position Reports directly to GM. Candidate must be 100 percent customer service
orientated, reliable, hard working and detailed. Looking for someone who wants a career
in which they can grow and work for a dynamic company expanding. Must be available
to work days, evenings and weekends as well as holiday hours. Hours may also vary
during high season and off-season months. Requirements: Bachelors Degree, Minimum 2
Year Fine Dining Experience, 2 Years Management experience overseeing, hiring and
training staff. Culinary experience is recommended. Person must be positive and work
well with a team.
Miss Augusta is Augusta’s premier waterfront dining facility offering daily public
cruises, specialty cruises and private events.