Position available for Staff Accountant, Controller
AT DHR Global
Staff Accountant, Controller
Headquartered in Chicago, IL and established in 1989, DHR Global is one of the largest retained executive search firm in the US. Since that time, DHR has grown significantly with more than fifty offices worldwide. We conduct search assignments at the Board Director, C-level and functional Vice President levels. Our Partners are experienced professionals who are retained by Fortune 1000 as well as prominent venture firms and early-stage companies.
DHR is recognized as a quality driven firm that exceeds expectations by actively listening to its clients and consistently delivering results. This has enabled the firm to achieve and maintain long-term partnerships with our client base. For more information on DHR Global, visit www.DHRGlobal.com.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a key member of the Finance & Accounting team, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, participate in regular, month-end closing activities, and have an opportunity to work directly with the CFO on special projects.
Below is a breakdown of the position’s major responsibilities:
Financial Reporting and Analysis (35%):
– Analyze finanicial reports and make recommendations based on the analysis
– Updating 12-months trend, reports on bookings, and collections forecast model
– Report financial information to outside accountants
– Produce error-free month-end financial statements
– Prepare general journal entries
– Take a leading role and coordinate the year-end close process
Special Projects (15%):
– Assist CFO with special, ad-hoc projects
– Project opportunities include but are not limited to Real Estate portfolio management, forecasting & budgeting, and treasury & credit services
Account Payable/Reconciliation (10%):
– Process bi-weekly staff and monthly salespeople payroll for international employees
– Timely review and reconciliation of WIP (work in progress) billings
– Oversee monthly airfare and expense reports
Tax & Compliance (10%):
– Setup tax account for organization
– Assists organization in quarterly and annual tax planning, registration, and compliance.
– Oversee filing taxes for all DHR properties
DHR Global seeks an individual with a high attention to detail, a strong understanding of accounting practices, and a customer service minded attitude. The selected candidate will have a strong track record of process improvement, developing and documenting accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, and participating in setting and achieving department goals.
Cultural Fit Competencies:
– Accountability and Integrity – The Staff Accountant accepts responsibility for one’s actions and is honest with a strong moral compass.
– Collaboration – The Staff Accountant seamlessly works with stakeholders, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives.
– Effective Communication – The Staff Accountant expresses oneself clearly both through oral and written communication. They will actively listen to understand others’ positions in conversations and interactions.
– Time Management – The Staff Accountant achieves results by organizing time effectively and utilizing self-management habits that lead to increased productivity.
– B.S. in Accountancy or other related business degree required.
– Advanced degree or professional certification is a plus.
– Minimum 2 years relevant experience required.
– In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.
– Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
– Accounts payable experience preferred.
– Experience as part of an international Finance & Accounting team preferred.