Position available for Senior Associate, Industrial Practice Group
AT DHR Global
Senior Associate, Industrial Practice Group
THE COMPANY: DHR Global
Headquartered in Chicago, IL and established in 1989, DHR Global is one of the largest retained executive search firms in the US. Since that time, DHR has grown significantly with more than fifty offices worldwide. We conduct search assignments at the Board Director, C-level and functional Vice President levels. Our Partners are experienced professionals who are retained by Fortune 1000 as well as prominent venture firms and early-stage companies.
DHR is recognized as a quality driven firm that exceeds expectations by actively listening to its clients and consistently delivering results. This has enabled the firm to achieve and maintain long-term partnerships with our client base. For more information on DHR Global, visit www.DHRGlobal.com.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE:
DHR Global’s Industrial practice is the largest at the firm and hosts the top Partners in the industry. Ranging in specialty areas, our Industrial practice connects with clients in all functions to produce the best candidates in the market. Areas we serve include but are not limited to Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Infrastructure and Construction, Energy, Engineered Products, Industrial Services and Technology, Packaging, Transportation and Logistics.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a key member of DHR Global’s team, the Senior Associate will be responsible for working with DHR Retail Partners to fully understand client requirements for the executive search. Senior Associates are responsible for developing efficient, effective, and creative strategies.
– The scope of work for Senior Associates is to assist senior leaders in the firm in the development of retail assignment research and candidate development. They will initiate first-round candidate contact, network with referral sources and effectively and persuasively communicate the opportunity to contacted individuals.
– Following initial contact, the Senior Associate must be capable of assessing the potential candidate’s qualifications against the approved specification. They must also communicate search status on a timely basis to active candidates.
– Successful Senior Associates are able to quickly deliver qualified candidates for review by the DHR Retail Partners with minimal day-to-day direction. Although Senior Associates are principally responsible for initiating contact with candidates, they will have client and candidate interaction throughout the search process.
– Specific deliverables that Senior Associates develop in the conduct of assignments in conjunction with senior executives in the firm are:
– The Search Strategy for the Assignment
– The Job Profile or Description and Marketing Materials for Each Assignment
– Individual Candidate Profiles and Reports
– Search Status Reports Tracking Each Candidate’s Capabilities and Interest as The Search Progresses
– Finalist Candidate Reviews and Background Checks
– Staying current with Practice business trends; awareness around Practice news/updates/operations
DHR Global seeks an individual with a high energy level, a creative thought process, and solid business skills who will thrive in this fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. Candidates who are decisive, honest, and responsive, have a high level of attention to detail, integrity, and professionalism will be successful here.
The Successful Candidate Will Also Have:
– Minimum of 5 years executive recruiting experience, working in a technical industry.
– A high degree of comfort in communicating with senior level executives.
– Outstanding database (CRM or ATS) and Internet research skills.
– Strong organizational, analytical, and detailed planning and project management skills.
– The ability to multitask and prioritize activities in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
– Strong listening skills and an ability to interpret information.
– The ability to develop strong relationships to build personal networks within diverse industries.
– Experience in delivering high quality internal and external client service.
– Experience working in a team environment, with the ability to partner with colleagues while also working independently.