Light Truck Delivery Services Drivers
Position: Truck Delivery Personnel Reports To: Manager of OCS
Classification: Hourly Department: Sales
Job Purpose: To deliver Java Butler products to the customer efficiently and professionally.
Primary Job Function
Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages. May load and unload vehicle. Deliver and pick up product to our customers in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
• Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures. Unsafe driving will be grounds for termination. All moving violations will be the responsibility of the driver.
• Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment such as gas, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition. Keep truck neat and clean inside and out. Pre-trip / post trip
• Properly report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicle.
• Make all deliveries on your assigned route. Return all cash, checks and signed invoices to offices nightly (properly stored).
• Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers. Report all miss-loads immediately to office. All miss-loaded and returned product is to be checked in with documentation. All returns must be checked in by the warehouse before leaving for the day. All returns must be placed in proper return location.
• Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, and billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
• Use maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions. Follow any special instructions on invoice.
• You must present yourself in a professional manner to each and every customer:
• Dress appropriately with clean uniforms at all times
• Maintain personal hygiene: shaving, haircuts, etc.
• DO NOT leave merchandise at any account without a signed invoice. DO NOT leave a COD account without payment unless cleared by accounts receivable or VP of Sales.
• Communication with manager and office for all issues and problems. You are the first line of “eyes and ears” for our company and need to share information with VP of Sale that would impact our relationship with customers.
• Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes of the company for providing customer and personal services. This includes: customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards of services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of local and government driving laws for the state of Florida.
• Clean driving record
• Clear penmanship
• Well organized, excellent communication- verbal and written
• Able to complete reports and paperwork as required
• Static Strength- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects of up to 60 pounds.
• The ability to climb stairs.
• The ability to climb up and down from truck to loading area; bending, lifting, kneeling, balancing.
• No record of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• No Felony arrests.
Tools And Technology
• Box trucks for delivery. Hand truck dollies.
• Global Positioning System GPS receivers
• Mobil phone with GPS and maps
• Recordkeeping software
• Computerized inventory tracking software
• Route mapping software capabilities
Additional Job Activities
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time