Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings.
• Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixtures.
• Cleans or de-greases parts.
• Develops layout and plans sequence of operations for fabricating and assembling metal products, applying knowledge of metal.
• Positions, aligns, and fits using jigs and hand tools.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, band saws, chop saws, and drill presses.
• Uses hand and power tools to shape and smooth metal and to bend seams.
• Periodically overtime and weekend work will be mandatory